Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how many of you realize this, but moparownerconnect.com has a vehicle health report that's updated through Uconnect as you drive your truck around.

So if you login to it and check, there is a menu bar option for Mainain & Care. Under that is Vehicle Health Report. First thing under that is your most recently uploaded tire pressures.

If you drive with them real low, big Bropar will know. ;)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I like it...use it once a week

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remember that post I made before about the accidental death due to a wheel breaking off and killing another driver? About if the cops might decide criminal negligence were appropriate for not getting a safety recall service done? I have to think that Ram might consider the tire pressures indicative of problems if you have a failure that they don't want to cover. And if that information might get shared with the tire company. Or if it could get used in court to demonstrate the driver routinely ignores their recommendations on vehicle safety and component maintenance related to other equipment failures. I don't mind having that display on the dash. But having it reported back to Ram and stored in their computers forever means that someone can query those databases later when it's convenient to them. My tires are inflated properly. But some of these guys that don't like such high tire pressures................

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Is that the uconnect service that allows you vehicle to be used as a wifi hotspot?
Uconnect has various servi as this is the diagnostic service. It also has WiFi services if you wanna pay

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My truck came with it for 5 years

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not in Canada. FCA has to have deals with cell service providers for it to work. I'm sure B(h)ell/Rogers wouldn't like to make deals for things they can gouge us for instead.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Uconnect is pretty cool. You can download the app with your smartphone and do a bunch of different things. You can see exactly where your truck is, remote start it from any distance as well as lock and unlock the doors.. The list goes on and on.
I played a trick on one of my coworkers a while back He was up at our Terminal and I was over a mile away on our Bunker Barge. My truck was parked in the yard where he was. I said to him over the radio that the distance on my remote start on my key fob was incredible. I told him to go outside and watch to see if my truck would start from out in the Harbor where I was. Mind you there is a bunch of 50' high tanks blocking the way from where I was to my truck. I Hit the remote start on my app on my phone, telling him I was using my key fob and he said holly $hit it actually started from that far away.
He was so impressed and ended up telling all my other coworkers about the crazy distance my factory remote start would reach.. So after a couple of days I had to come clean and told them all it was a app on my phone with my Uconnect feature. Lol
It was fun fooling them all though.
Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts