Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm waiting for my uconnect to be activated but I'm not sure about purchasing $500 code for navigation. I think it would be a great feature but heard mixed reviews. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I typically use Waze on my phone. I just wish they would continue to support apps and develop Uconnect more instead of taking apps away from it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would save your money. You'll have to keep paying to upgrade the maps, not worth it in my opinion. Can't wait for android auto to be standard on these...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I personally have never had to pay for a map update .

Sent from my iPhone X Prototype using Tapatalk
Have you updated for free, or just never updated? There are a lot of road changes even within a year. Google maps are free and up to date.

My last Ram nav went haywire right after the warranty. Didn't even bother with it in my new Ram. I just use my phone. To each their own.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think it updates when the system updates , I could be wrong though guess I never really looked into it . I've never had issues where it wasn't correct and I don't travel much as far as driving goes.

Sent from my iPhone X Prototype using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have not paid for it, either. I use regular maps, and/or Google maps. I have a really good spatial memory. The GPSs all really annoy the hell out of me with all the chatter. If I decide otherwise, I'd set my phone like a HUD with one of the newer GPS/HUD apps.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I like and drive a lot for work, nice not to have to look down at the phone.
You still have to look at the uconnect screen. So.....ya, however if you still don't want to look, you can pair your phone with uconnect and switch to Bluetooth audio and the phone gps turn by turn will come on thru the trucks speakers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like it have it in my 2013 Dart and only updated once because going on road trip out of state . yes roads change a lot over just one year but having local address was just fine . now that I have a new Rebel that I wanted with it will update when I go on another road trip with travel trailer .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I paid for the upgrade to activate the Nav and I wouldn't do it again. Here's the deal. If you pay for the activation code all you get is the Nav. What I mean by that is if your trucks comes with the Nav from factory it will also come with traffic, weather and all of the other goodies that make the Nav so awesome. You don't get anything but the Nav with the activation code. While that's ok for some I really prefer having the traffic and weather updates. So if it are looking for a basic Nav I would say go for it. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I paid for the upgrade to activate the Nav and I wouldn't do it again. Here's the deal. If you pay for the activation code all you get is the Nav. What I mean by that is if your trucks comes with the Nav from factory it will also come with traffic, weather and all of the other goodies that make the Nav so awesome. You don't get anything but the Nav with the activation code. While that's ok for some I really prefer having the traffic and weather updates. So if it are looking for a basic Nav I would say go for it. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry newbie here, I don't seem to have traffic, weather, etc....I would need the nav.code to get these...yes? BTW, mine is nav enabled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry newbie here, I don't seem to have traffic, weather, etc....I would need the nav.code to get these...yes? BTW, mine is nav enabled.
When you purchase the code you don't get any of the cool stuff like traffic. You just get basic nav. I too purchased the code which is how I know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you want traffic and alerts you get a different nav. Even though I purchased the code I found that it takes you longer ways than necessary and the roads are out of date. I now use Waze on my phone to get me around town.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.