Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pandora is a nice media alternative when the radio don't play " your tunes ". With only a 6 month subscription and only 4 1/2 left , wondering if I'll get to enjoy it. The first time I had it for 2 days after logging in. Then it quit. Having it on my phone my son helped to synch it to the truck. Worked awhile then quit. Icon popped up said signals were confused. Decided to call 800 number spent all of 45 minutes, logged in and out of app, lost all my bookmarks on phone ( had to clear) pissed me off as it only lasted for the day. Of which I only utilized for maybe 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yikes...use Pandora a lot and haven't experienced this

Reactions: Rebel.Law

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use it everyday. I do experience having to login to the Uconnect account and ensure the Pandora account is signed in and linked multiple times throughout the week. I've found its easier and more consistent to Bluetooth from the phone to the vehicle. Less annoying tech glitches and functions pretty much the same.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have had a few glitches but all seems to rectify itself rather quickly. I listen to pandora every day via the app in the radio. I did experience some inconsistencies in the remote start function via the phone app that I figured out. I used to get error signals and vehicle not found issues a lot until I figured out this sequence and have had little to no problems since.

Every morning in the winter I start the truck via my phone when I get up.

#1 first hit the location icon in the app and find the truck and myself (this step seems to wake everything up)

#2 Send LOCK Command and enter passcode

#3 as soon as I receive confirmation of LOCK command I hit remote start. Works consistently every time for me in this order.

Just an FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am having an issue with not being able to even link my Pandora account to the ucconect app. Says "Error Linking Account" every single time. Anyone had this issue other than me?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My iPhone works flawlessly with Uconnect. Whether it's playing music or Bluetooth talking on the phone. I have friends that for some reason have issues with their androids and Uconnect.

Reactions: Rebel.Law

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had issues from day one. Don't know if it's a Bluetooth problem or if I need to get an upgrade from the dealer. I'm waiting for the dealer to get back with me on a paint blem. Wil ask about it then. I have an i6 Apple phone and tried to make a call and Siri said there were no phones connected. Isn't technology wonderful. Tried usb cord but doesn't play the genre in playlists with no hashtag to prompt. I can't waste time trying to make things work if I have a short commute across town. Pain in ass.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You need to have uconnect access installed on your phone or play it on you phone and connect through Bluetooth.
I use slacker which is a much better music app, but its $10 a month. However you can listen to any artist and all their albums or do random artists

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I suspect most areas that don't have intense cell coverage will have issues with anything running across Uconnect. Living outside Chicago and there are areas in the region where cells don't work well at all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need to have uconnect access installed on your phone or play it on you phone and connect through Bluetooth.
I use slacker which is a much better music app, but its $10 a month. However you can listen to any artist and all their albums or do random artists
Been there, done that. Both my sons ( mid 30's) set me up a couple different ways. Worked for the day and done. Sought help from tech on their 800#, spent 45 minutes, same deal ,worked for that day too. In 4 months time I'm lucky to have enjoyed it for 6 hours. Maybe. Finally got a firmware update, seems to be good now but expires in 6 weeks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am having an issue with not being able to even link my Pandora account to the ucconect app. Says "Error Linking Account" every single time. Anyone had this issue other than me?
I have had my truck for just over a month and still cannot connect to Pandora thru the system. I have noticed and pointed this out to the uconnect people that on my iPhone 6 my iOS is 9.3.2 and that may be the issue. My daughter has 9.3.1 iOS on her phone and it connects flawlessly. What's up on that?? Any help out there for this??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had my truck for just over a month and still cannot connect to Pandora thru the system. I have noticed and pointed this out to the uconnect people that on my iPhone 6 my iOS is 9.3.2 and that may be the issue. My daughter has 9.3.1 iOS on her phone and it connects flawlessly. What's up on that?? Any help out there for this??
Had issues from day one. Was told to try logging out of app, and log back in. Was told to shut off Bluetooth, power down phone, reconnect and so on. Went on Internet to try every conceivable attempt. When it did work was short lived, maybe a day or two. Sometimes it would buffer (come on and off) A 2 or 3 minute song taking 10 minutes. Where do I find my iOS # ? Just curious.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had issues from day one. Was told to try logging out of app, and log back in. Was told to shut off Bluetooth, power down phone, reconnect and so on. Went on Internet to try every conceivable attempt. When it did work was short lived, maybe a day or two. Sometimes it would buffer (come on and off) A 2 or 3 minute song taking 10 minutes. Where do I find my iOS # ? Just curious.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Goto settings then general then about. I will see it in the version tab.
I have also had multiple convos (5 in all) which would probably total about 4 hours going back and forth doing hard resets deleting Pandora accounts and so on. I had even created a new Pandora account to make certain it wasn't an account issue.
Believe me the last thing I want to do is continue to call the help line which can't seem to do more than what I have already done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Goto settings then general then about. I will see it in the version tab.
I have also had multiple convos (5 in all) which would probably total about 4 hours going back and forth doing hard resets deleting Pandora accounts and so on. I had even created a new Pandora account to make certain it wasn't an account issue.
Believe me the last thing I want to do is continue to call the help line which can't seem to do more than what I have already done.
Thanks, I too have the 9.3.2 iOS of as you stated could be the issue. I may never know as my subscription run out July 4th. Even had the dealer do a software upgrade a month ago. I won't subscribe to Uconnect for$149.00 a year and suffer another injustice. Now if they offered me 6 months free once they worked out the bugs. ??? But I don't see that happening ! But I hope you have better luck than me.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
My sub ran out a while back and I haven't even noticed it. Had to laugh when I checked the price. I put a $40 USB drive with 80GB of music in it. Don't tend to listen to radio stations, even. So $149 for a year seems overly much. And I about choked the first time I saw the $50/mo price for the wifi hotspot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts