Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FCA's released an update last week for UConnect 8.4 It's primarily for iPhone users. It adds Siri Eyes Free support.

You download it onto USB and plug it into the USB port in the console box. It takes at least 30 minutes to install, and potentially 45 minutes. Good thing to install during a drive.

Here's the place to download it. You need your VIN #.
Uconnect® Software Update - Update your Uconnect® System

Here's the press release:
FCA Offers Apple Siri Eyes Free Feature to Nearly Two Million Vehicles Through Uconnect® Software Update

Disclaimer: I'm not an iPhone owner, and I haven't installed it myself. Just sharing.

p.s. Sorry, this seemed more like news than maintenance but only forum staff can post in News.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just finished the install and it really did take over 30 minutes to complete. It's nice to be able to request a song from one of my playlists and have Siri play it right away. The weather read back and text features are decent too. It's not Apple CarPlay, but better than nothing for us iPhone users.

·
Banned
248 Posts
I just finished the install and it really did take over 30 minutes to complete. It's nice to be able to request a song from one of my playlists and have Siri play it right away. The weather read back and text features are decent too. It's not Apple CarPlay, but better than nothing for us iPhone users.
Awesome, I look forward to all of these features.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I love the hands free texting feature, keeps my eyes on the road.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tried to instal it 4 times in my truck and won't work so whatever and the dealership told me $300 to do it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
One times the dealer has the only solution out there even if it four times the cost imho

·
Registered
49 Posts
Things to know. After you push your button to run, and then the system comes on, at this point is where you want to put the usb drive in the port (not the one with the over but the other one). When I did mine I left my key in the truck and left, after selecting yes to update, then came back an hour later. Make sure that the usb drive you use has nothing else on it other than the extracted zip file.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts