Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, could anyone explain whats the deal with the 2017 uconnect rebels coming out?

I heard they were only going to be introduced in the later 2017 models of ram rebels, but when I was looking online I saw 2016's that said "uconnect" on them.

Are they available on the 2016's or is there a difference between the uconnect installed on the 2016's vs whats going to be coming out on the 2017's?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
All the Rebels have Uconnect. There are differences in the years but I don't think it's a whole lot. Unless you want Apple Carplay or the Android equivalent. Those aren't available yet. You can get the Rebel with/without Nav if you wish. That's about the only extra feature in Uconnect currently. Plus it comes new with 6 months of Uconnect and 12 months of Sirius.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2016 with UConnect. Sadly the text read feature will not work with iPhone technology.
Works fine with making and receiving calls though.
My wife has a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk with UConnect and text read does work with her iPhone. Go figure?

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, my wife has an iPhone 5 and I have the 6. They have different IOS versions. However, my wife's phone works in her jeep for text to speech but not when paired in my rebel. Not sure why that is. Was planning to call UConnect support to see what the problem is.
My phone will not work in either vehicle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Uconnect 8.4AN here. iPhone 7+. iOS 10.0.2. Everything works as expected. Bluetooth music. USB music. If a call comes in, it works perfectly. Eyes-Free SIRI works. If a text comes in, I can hit Listen, and it'll read it to me. I can then use Siri eyes-free to send one back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.