Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone connected the old style iPod classic to the USB port in the center console?
I'm just wondering what kind of functionality you get with it through the head unit?

I'm not at home at the moment and trying to preempt whether an iPod would be a good x-mas pressie for her indoors :)

If it simply plays playlists created on the iPod itself or if you get on screen control on the head unit like i get with my Mini that uses a special cable and connects to the USB and stereo aux jack

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Has anyone connected the old style iPod classic to the USB port in the center console?
I'm just wondering what kind of functionality you get with it through the head unit?

I'm not at home at the moment and trying to preempt whether an iPod would be a good x-mas pressie for her indoors :)

If it simply plays playlists created on the iPod itself or if you get on screen control on the head unit like i get with my Mini that uses a special cable and connects to the USB and stereo aux jack
Sorry. Not an Apple user myself

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got round to attaching my old 160gb iPod to the rebel, can anyone confirm that when you lock the truck up that the USB connection does not continue to supply power.
I don't want a flat battery due to leaving the iPod connected all the time

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Finally got round to attaching my old 160gb iPod to the rebel, can anyone confirm that when you lock the truck up that the USB connection does not continue to supply power.
I don't want a flat battery due to leaving the iPod connected all the time
It doesnt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts