Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking at these 2 option ...

The Vararam Air Grabber :

Or the Mopar CAI with the hood intake :

Vararam claim some big gains but how does the quality match up with the Mopar?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have you looked into S&B?

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I used to have the Vararam intake on my truck, but sold it and now just have the stock with a drop in K&N filter. I really miss have the Vararam on my truck and wish I hadn't sold it. You won't feel a difference with it, or really any aftermarket CAI, but it sounds great, and to me looks great. I would just say if you do go with the Vararam keep the stock intake, and put it on during the winter. Which is why I sold mine in the first place.

·
Registered
56 Posts
S&B...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
So I would think that, and I'm no expert, just tossing it out there...that with those two types of intakes weather plays a major roll. Heavy rain as an example can overwhelm the intake and possible flood the filter and possibly the engine, as this system is mounted in the front of vehicles and capturing the air and water as your driving .

As for performance gains, can't Imagine there be any without a good tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I have been looking at these 2 option ...

The Vararam Air Grabber :

Or the Mopar CAI with the hood intake :

Vararam claim some big gains but how does the quality match up with the Mopar?
The Vararam is an incredibly unattractive, Home Depot looking setup with standard screw clamps. Looks ‘to me’ as a very unprofessional product and the top seal isn’t formed or closed off. The Mopar’s fit and finish is just stunning and far more attractive to looking OEM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.