Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being a member of this forum and a Rebel owner for a while. I want to warn any new buyer of not only a Rebel but any new vehicle. Read what you are getting. There is way too many complaints about: I though, It should, you would thhink. I know this sounds elementary but a large portions of complaints or miss understandings on the forum is due to the buyer and dealer communications. If you have to make a list of what you want, check-off when you order and check the build sheet. If the Dealer won't give you a build sheet, well I would go somewhere else. Know what are getting and more important know what you want. I realize this sounds dumb but read some of the post. Everyone gets took sometimes. I know, I have. You are spending a lot of hard earned money and correcting gets expense. When you are looking at or setting in the seat of a Rebel well common sense flies out the window. Every owner would change something if they had it to do over with. Enjoy the best truck on the planet.
Big Red.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I agree with the OP. For something that is usually the second most expensive thing a person buys many people seem to be willfully ignorant of what they are buying.

Every owner would change something if they had it to do over with.
Not me. I knew what I was ordering and went over the build sheet with them twice. When it was delievered I spent about 30 minutes going over everything I could think of then drove home. I went back in a week for some touch-up paint since people can't seem to control their doors in parking lots but that's a whole other topic.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I always park way out in the parking lot. Avoids the idiots that can't park right or control their doors. Plus I can use the exercise. Nothing funnier than seeing someone in athletic-styled clothing jockeying for a close-up parking space.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good advice, just wanted to add to the buildsheet part. You can go to this RAM site and under "Your Vehicle" click on "Equipment Listing". This will take you to another page where you put in your VIN and it will generate the buildsheet for your truck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I agree, I joined this forum the other day and did some research ( prolly not enough) but I finally pulled the trigger today and ordered my Ram Rebel! Im very excited and hope I made good choices. The only thing I am some what unsure of is, I chose the 3.21 gears to help save gas since the only thing I will be towing from time to time, is a 21 ft bass boat. Most of the time I will be simply Hwy driving to and from work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well said!

I finally joined the site today but I did a lot of reading on what others have experienced themselves to the point that I was informing my salesman of things he hadn't known of. After weeks of researching, I finally pulled the trigger and I should have my Rebel this week. But definitely agree most people should definitely research as much as possible prior to investing into purchases of any kind. Looking forward to being a part of things from here on out, instead of reading from the shadows lol!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Oops. I guess I got took. I walked in said I want that truck. Didn't look it over, and didn't know exactly what it had. It was an impulse purchase and I needed a truck...so, I'm not sure what my point is. But I'm happy with the truck, the dealer, and I'm looking at maybe getting a another one for my daughter. She may want a test drive though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.