Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made two years with my rebel last Wednesday.. I have 67k miles on her. Realistically I haven’t had any issues of note. Until about 1500 miles ago it started vibrating under breaking. 90% of the time that is the sign of warped rotors. Typically it’s just the fronts.

I decided to go ahead and replace the front rotors and pads. I don’t get rotors cut, I replace them. PERIOD. It does not make sense to cut them.

Anyway no more vibration. Or so I thought. Once I got over 70 and got on the brakes coming off the highway, it started vibrating again. I couldn’t believe that my rear rotors were warped also. Never had warped rear rotors on anything before.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Had a similar issue with my ford back in the day. No vibration, just pulsating on the brake pedal when I applied the brakes. Replaced all 4 corners.

I agree that is not worth cutting the rotors anymore, cheaper to buy new rotors and pads.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I made two years with my rebel last Wednesday.. I have 67k miles on her. Realistically I haven’t had any issues of note. Until about 1500 miles ago it started vibrating under breaking. 90% of the time that is the sign of warped rotors. Typically it’s just the fronts.

I decided to go ahead and replace the front rotors and pads. I don’t get rotors cut, I replace them. PERIOD. It does not make sense to cut them.

Anyway no more vibration. Or so I thought. Once I got over 70 and got on the brakes coming off the highway, it started vibrating again. I couldn’t believe that my rear rotors were warped also. Never had warped rear rotors on anything before.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
same problem here same mileage. looking for an upgrade to help stop the truck better

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I may go with slotted rotors, from EBC, and their street pads. When the time comes, which I'm thinking will be this summer

·
Registered
3 Posts
My ‘16 Has started vibrating under brake and only has 25k. I was told if you feel it in the brake pedal it’s the rears but if you feel it on the steering wheel it’s the fronts.... was thinking I would replace with slotted rotors, any suggestions?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My ‘16 Has started vibrating under brake and only has 25k. I was told if you feel it in the brake pedal it’s the rears but if you feel it on the steering wheel it’s the fronts.... was thinking I would replace with slotted rotors, any suggestions?
Do you tow much?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts