Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my air ride finally failed. I bought the truck while it was getting the air ride fixed. 10k miles no issues, then we finally got our first snow in Colorado Springs. I work 45 minutes away from home. All of a sudden in the highway = service air ride, trailer brake, stability control, and abs. I pulled over turned the truck off, turned it back on lights went away it started leveling again, 3 minutes later fail. Now my drivers side is in entry/exit by the looks and my passenger side is in aero. Ya air ride delete coming in the future. I haven't been able to check the fuses the compressor isn't making any noise at all. When the air ride gives out do the abs, traction control and trailer brake stop working too? Or do you guys think this could be a Fuse issue?

·
Registered
283 Posts
It shouldn't be a fuse problem but check em any way just to be safe, the compressor not working is usually because the truck thinks it's over loaded the only fix for that that I know of is to air up your tires and try to find a warm place for it to sit for the day, it's been a few years but I'm pretty sure it's if both your front passenger and rear driver tires are low or both fronts and a rear show up as low the truck thinks it's over loaded and the suspension goes wonky

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shouldn't be a fuse problem but check em any way just to be safe, the compressor not working is usually because the truck thinks it's over loaded the only fix for that that I know of is to air up your tires and try to find a warm place for it to sit for the day, it's been a few years but I'm pretty sure it's if both your front passenger and rear driver tires are low or both fronts and a rear show up as low the truck thinks it's over loaded and the suspension goes wonky
Oh no I stated that wrong after all those warning lights came in the suspension in those areas was sitting low. The tires are 55 front 43 rear. Warm is not something we are getting, Colorado finally hit winter it was -6 Fahrenheit last night when the issue happened and I don't think it will get warmer than 32 for most of this week. Having to drive 90 highway miles to and from work with no shocks sucked. I bought the truck knowing it could happen after I think reading your suspension swap. After making it through one winter I was like yay it's not going to happen to me lol. I bought it used with 114xxx now im at 124xxx.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ah ok I was just goin off my experience with it sounds like ya got something else goin on probably a frozen compressor, buddy has been dealing with no suspension for the last week it's been -30 here I told him to throw it in the garage and once she levels out take out the 3 fuses for the compressor apparently he couldn't find the third one so he only took out two as soon as he drove out of the garage she dropped lol, these things really don't like the cold it's hard to find out what's actually goin on truck to truck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ok I was just goin off my experience with it sounds like ya got something else goin on probably a frozen compressor, buddy has been dealing with no suspension for the last week it's been -30 here I told him to throw it in the garage and once she levels out take out the 3 fuses for the compressor apparently he couldn't find the third one so he only took out two as soon as he drove out of the garage she dropped lol, these things really don't like the cold it's hard to find out what's actually goin on truck to truck
I could totally see that I took it by a parts store checked all my fuses and they are all good. I just don't have a garage. Is it common to lose traction control and all of that other stuff with a compressor issue?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I personally never had that issue but my buddy has I still haven't been able to go down and look at it but I'm assuming it happens cause the compressor is trying to work but it ends up drawing to much power and it just kicks something out

·
Registered
8 Posts
So my air ride finally failed. I bought the truck while it was getting the air ride fixed. 10k miles no issues, then we finally got our first snow in Colorado Springs. I work 45 minutes away from home. All of a sudden in the highway = service air ride, trailer brake, stability control, and abs. I pulled over turned the truck off, turned it back on lights went away it started leveling again, 3 minutes later fail. Now my drivers side is in entry/exit by the looks and my passenger side is in aero. Ya air ride delete coming in the future. I haven't been able to check the fuses the compressor isn't making any noise at all. When the air ride gives out do the abs, traction control and trailer brake stop working too? Or do you guys think this could be a Fuse issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ram told me its the cold temperature that messes with the lift system...In my case the drain the system and fill it again with something thats not affected as much by the cold..they have done that at least 3 times

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I personally never had that issue but my buddy has I still haven't been able to go down and look at it but I'm assuming it happens cause the compressor is trying to work but it ends up drawing to much power and it just kicks something out
Air ride gone I just did the Monroe air ride delete it cost 700 plus 200 for labor. Turns out when my air ride failed it messed up my alignment. There is a steering wheel sensor. That tells the computer the steering wheel is straight when the wheels are. After switching everything out. I turned the truck on drive 20 feet all lights went out. Everything is good now. The monroe kit is a direct swap and comes with everything you need spring seats and all. I'll go bigger later. It sits normal 1500 height so a bit lower then the Rebel, but my 285 75r17 still fit with no problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ram told me its the cold temperature that messes with the lift system...In my case the drain the system and fill it again with something thats not affected as much by the cold..they have done that at least 3 times
Same thing the told me, but they said there is no permanent fix it will eventually fail again. In my case it was the compressor, but this is my only vehicle so for the last 2 weeks I was driving in bump stops so the did I needed to replace the compressor, all shocks, and rear bags. No thank you. Maybe if I had warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts