Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Nice videos and I'm glad you didn't edit it with weird, loud , crazy and unrelated music as background noise.
Glad to see you had fun and it looks like a lot of fun was had by all. I didn't enjoy the part where your front license plate got destroyed. Made me cringe. Lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great videos! Not sure I'll have the guts to do that with my Rebel...but you give me inspiration to try! :)

Reactions: RockyMtRebel

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm with Zim, when I heard the crunch, it took a few seconds before realizing it was the front plate!
Funny, I would do this all day long with our last four Wranglers but haven't had the desire to take the Rebel to the extreme. Wasn't cost as I had about the same in my last JKU.
Guess I need some rock-rails, lol, and a trip back west.

·
Read Only
100 Posts
wow that takes some balls to do that since I was freaking out when I had the rebel off road last month when I was trying to go down a off camber section like that. I backed out and found an easy way around.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea next time take hard way and I bet you will be fine;)

Seriously, I've been doing a lot of wheelin' lately and this truck with good tires can get almost anywhere a Jeep can. The only thing holding me back is the size, the super tight trails are tougher (and have added a lot of pin stripes)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cool, I did not know that! It's a really cool little rig that goes almost anywhere
They are nice rigs, the longer wheelbase made for a better ride on the beach than the CJ5 not as choppy. We have no mountains and big rocks. That all looks like so much fun.
A few years back a guy here had a former Marine M-170. He had been a Marine officer and his father told me the Jeep was surveyed out in Guantanimo Bay Cuba when the son was serving there and he was able to acquire it and ship it home. Had all the military stuff - racks for the stretchers, red crosses on the curtains etc. Kind of fun to see one that original. I have my Dad's old '43 GPW (Ford built Willy's pattern) flatfender awaiting restoration in my garage. Hope to get some time someday to tackle it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They are nice rigs, the longer wheelbase made for a better ride on the beach than the CJ5 not as choppy. We have no mountains and big rocks. That all looks like so much fun.
A few years back a guy here had a former Marine M-170. He had been a Marine officer and his father told me the Jeep was surveyed out in Guantanimo Bay Cuba when the son was serving there and he was able to acquire it and ship it home. Had all the military stuff - racks for the stretchers, red crosses on the curtains etc. Kind of fun to see one that original. I have my Dad's old '43 GPW (Ford built Willy's pattern) flatfender awaiting restoration in my garage. Hope to get some time someday to tackle it.
We are towing ours down next week to get he suspension, steering and brakes upgraded so I can haul it out to Moab this fall for some off roading fun with the Rebel!

I can never look at that license plate the same way again
LOL, that crunch was pretty loud in the cabin when I was driving too ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.