Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up pics of what you will be towing with your RAM Rebel!

Here's a pic of my old F150 Ecoboost towing a Raptor Toy Hauler:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Towed camper this weekend. Had to keep reminding myself that I was towing. Then went and picked up load firewood. Lowered truck to load and then raised the baby up for hauling. Totally amazed the guy I got the wood from. Love this Ram Rebel!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Totally amazed the guy I got the wood from. Love this Ram Rebel!
Ditto, I picked up some tables and stuff had it in OFFRoad mode (Where i like to leave it when parked) and the guy at the store lost his mind when i pressed the button and lowered it for easy lifting haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
if your towing with a Air Suspension Rebel rad this.

Guys please read your owners manual on towing hook up, I have a 1500 sport myself and many others have towed our trucks to the dealer for air suspension control modules. Always put the suspension in "tire jack mode" when hooking up a trailer and never ever shut it off when disconnecting. This is very important to follow when using equalizer bars. Be cautious. I was one of the few that took this all the way up to Ram engineering and had the owners manuals updated to indicate these requirements when you have air suspension equipped truck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if your towing with a Air Suspension Rebel rad this.

Guys please read your owners manual on towing hook up, I have a 1500 sport myself and many others have towed our trucks to the dealer for air suspension control modules. Always put the suspension in "tire jack mode" when hooking up a trailer and never ever shut it off when disconnecting. This is very important to follow when using equalizer bars. Be cautious. I was one of the few that took this all the way up to Ram engineering and had the owners manuals updated to indicate these requirements when you have air suspension equipped truck.
I am not following this at all. ? .?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only thing I can think of is the auto levelling device may kick in while hooking up. May be trying to adjust while still putting load on the truck. Other than that I don't understand why it would be a problem. Nice if we could get some more information on this.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have been putting my in Aero mode...the 2nd level up, when hooking trailer up and I leave it at that level. The truck will go to that level when on highway, so setting it there ahead of time will keep it there and that's how I have mine set. Have pulled camper 3 times so far with no issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
On another forum, someone posted that if you are towing under 5,000lbs., you just hook up and go. Towing over 5,000 needing a weight distribution hitch and that is where you put it in tire change mode?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I always use a weight distribution hitch on anything over 3000lbs. If it's required to put in tire change mode Ram should put it into thier operating guide. I just do not understand why that would be required.

1 - 20 of 215 Posts