Ram Rebel Forum banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
So is the definitive answer for setting up to set it in tire jack mode and then adjust the WD bars? Guessing this is just procedure the first time you hook up the trailer correct? Not everytime?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have not towed anything with my 17 Ram Rebel yet, but I did tow a few things with my 14 Ram 1500 4x4..... I will need to find pics though...

·
Registered
109 Posts
New boat for the rebel to tow. Burns a little more gas since this weighs about 1000 lbs more than my last one but still tows nicely.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
969 Posts
What I did was upgrade to the new power wagon.

·
Registered
228 Posts
What I did was upgrade to the new power wagon.
Yeah, I had that in mind but thought, "surely I don't need something that big"

That said, I would still be pushing its payload limits. it's just that the winch and some protection is already added.

I just saw where I can order a 2500 with the 10K GVW package and add the power wagon package. This may be my quickest turn around of a vehicle of all time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
How does this tow? What is your trailer model? I am looking at a Grand Design Imagine trailer.
Depends on which one you're looking at. I have a Winnebago 27rbds ~31' dual slides and once I got it set up correctly, it tows very well. Not legal, but well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I had that in mind but thought, "surely I don't need something that big"

That said, I would still be pushing its payload limits. it's just that the winch and some protection is already added.

I just saw where I can order a 2500 with the 10K GVW package and add the power wagon package. This may be my quickest turn around of a vehicle of all time.
I have a Grand Design, pulls it with no problems

·
Registered
969 Posts
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I traded the rebel at 13 months and the best part of it is that almost 75% of my mods I did in the rebel came standard in the power wagon, but the towing and off road features had me sold right away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What towing features sold you on the Power Wagon?
This is my question, too. I would love to have a Power Wagon, but the PW itself doesn't have the same towing capabilities of a standard 2500. I have even looked at getting the Tradesmen Edition with PW package and adding all of the niceties I have grown to appreciate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
This is my question, too. I would love to have a Power Wagon, but the PW itself doesn't have the same towing capabilities of a standard 2500. I have even looked at getting the Tradesmen Edition with PW package and adding all of the niceties I have grown to appreciate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Per Ram's own marketing, the Rebel is more suited to towing than the PW, so I'm truly curious... (?)

·
Registered
969 Posts
The larger gwv, the standard trailer brake towing package, the hill descent control package, the locking differential in both front and rear axles, the beefier transmission, and the 6.4l hemi. It's meant to haul more with better control under more diverse conditions. As well it has a ton of other mods done already that I had to add to my rebel ie, roof clearance LED lights, a 12,000lb Waren winch, etc.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The larger gwv, the standard trailer brake towing package, the hill descent control package, the locking differential in both front and rear axles, the beefier transmission, and the 6.4l hemi. It's meant to haul more with better control under more diverse conditions. As well it has a ton of other mods done already that I had to add to my rebel ie, roof clearance LED lights, a 12,000lb Waren winch, etc.
We're just along about towing features though...

Being that the PW is a much heavier truck, the extra power and rear end gearing sort of level the playing field with a Rebel. Not sure about the trans, but the ZF 8 speed seems to be more than adequate for towing, and much more enjoyable to drive than the older 6 speed. Also the Rebel's air ride suspension seems better suited to towing than the PW's, which is designed for articulation.

Looking at the numbers, the PW's higher GVWR (8510#) also gets largely negated by its heavier curb weight - but I know that in reality, actual Rebel payload capacities are much lower than you'd expect compared to standard 1500s, so perhaps this is an advantage for the PW... What is your payload number on the door placard?

181 - 200 of 215 Posts