Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much work will I have to do to fit these wheels and tire size?
I know people say you can put 35's on stock, so what do I need to do to clear 37?
Rims are 20x10 fuel nuts -24 offset, I ran 37's on my jeep and loved them so I guess I'm kinda stuck on having 37" tires.
Bill

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe,
Your truck is set up great.
I probably wouldn't be able to afford a lift like that till next spring. No other way to fit those wheels with 37 on it?
Maybe the link mod?
Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
i have no experience with the link mod.

don't remember seeing anyone post that they had 37's on.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've read a lot about 35's fitting but I would expect anything bigger would definitely rub unless you lift it like Joe has or do significant wheel well modding.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read a lot about 35's fitting but I would expect anything bigger would definitely rub unless you lift it like Joe has or do significant wheel well modding.
Thanks for the reply. I should have the wheels and tires tomorrow night. Now it's just going to be to determine what I'll have to do to make them work. Hoping the Revel adjustable lifting links set at 2.5" more lift will work ok until I can afford a BDS Lift or better yet a lift like Joe has. Money is always way to tight for me to get everything I want. I guess it's a good thing I don't mind working hard and saving.. lol
Bill

·
Registered
332 Posts
Those links only trick the air suspension into putting it higher. It will be near the limit on the top of your air struts and will ride like a brick. I'd like to see someone put together a strut extension kit with spacers put on top of the air struts and new links to match. I think that would be the easiest method to raise this suspension. I'm not sure about how the BDS lift works (or doesn't work in Joe's case). I would think it would be something like I just mentioned where you are raising the truck by lowering the suspension components.

BDS has been working on a fix for the Rebels. I think Joe is your goto guy for everything you will ever need to know about the BDS kit.

Keep us posted. I'm sure there are many who are interested in fitting your choice of tire size.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Revel Performance got back to me. They are saying 6"--8" lift with cutting would be needed to clear these wheels and tires. Not the news or answer I was hoping for.
I guess I need to start saving my pennies or I'll have to wait another year for next tax season to get a proper lift.
I'm really bummed, picking up the wheels and tires in about a hour and a half....
Bill

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Well Revel Performance got back to me. They are saying 6"--8" lift with cutting would be needed to clear these wheels and tires. Not the news or answer I was hoping for.
I guess I need to start saving my pennies or I'll have to wait another year for next tax season to get a proper lift.
I'm really bummed, picking up the wheels and tires in about a hour and a half....
Bill
ya, you have alot of offest and trying to get alot of tire on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts