Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At night when you go to where the switch is for your power rear window, there is a small light shining towards the front of vehicle, kind of towards the rear view mirror. It will light up your finger. Is there a purpose for this light or just another fancy light?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I find it handy but also annoying. It'd be nice if you could turn it on and off when you wanted.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I used a green dry erase marker on this light. It reduced the amount of light and made it good for night vision. Just a little trick I learned with my 2011 Ram. If you don't like it, you can wipe it off with a Q-tip.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well the light may be useful to others, but could also be annoying while driving. I just hope there is a dimmer for it to lessen the brightness.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Interesting... I was wondering where the light was projected from. Just got the truck today and noticed the illumination over the center console. I may take the advice from Rebel Bill and dim it slightly with a green dry erase marker. I do like the light over the console though. This is my first Ram and I appreciate the tips and info from this forum.

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting... I was wondering where the light was projected from. Just got the truck today and noticed the illumination over the center console. I may take the advice from Rebel Bill and dim it slightly with a green dry erase marker. I do like the light over the console though. This is my first Ram and I appreciate the tips and info from this forum.

Sent from my JKURX
Dimming your dash lights will also dim that light.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have that same light on my new Kenworth t880 at work. It also lights up the centre console, I can now also see how it could be used for reading maps or other paperwork! Thanks for the idea @catalyst!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You made my day when I found this post. My 2009 had it when I got it and even though that was over 7 years ago I had the same conversation with myself at the time. I remember sitting in the truck one night for 30 minutes thinking ..."surely this isn't just a way to light up the drink holders?" .... It comes in handy just never cared for the color of the light myself.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I find it to be , " as handy as a pocket in yer underwear".

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wish it was not "always on.". They should have wired it into the map lights switches. If I need to find something in the console, and there isn't enough light, I'll turn on the map light for cry eye!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts