Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellas. I just took delivery of my V6 Rebel. I'm in love with it!!!!

I will be tinting the front driver and passenger side windows on Friday.

Did anyone else tint their windows? If so, what percent tint did you install that was the closest match to the factory glass?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got 20% in the back, and 25% in the front. I like the look, but the cop who pulled me over for my tints didn't. His light meter said that I had 14% in the front, and 4% in the back.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just matched the rear windows of the truck which. The shops meter was 15%. So now there's 15% all the way around.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys for the response. The installer told me the same that it's 15%. I just hope that cops don't start pulling me over for that dark of a tint. I live in SoCal. The darkest I put on my car 09 BMW M3 was 20%.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I went with 20% ceramic tint and it matches the rear windows good. Had the same 20% tint on my last two rams and had no issues with the cops.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I went with 20% ceramic tint and it matches the rear windows good. Had the same 20% tint on my last two rams and had no issues with the cops.
Same here

·
Registered
187 Posts
20% to match the rears and my cap. I have done this on (3) trucks and (1) Jeep over the past 15 years. No issues yet
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457487580.536688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my tints installed today and went with the 15% ceramic tint. The installer only had two options for me 1) 15% or 35%. The 35% was too light and the 15% was a perfect match. I will post pictures soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did the fronts to match the back and the windshield also. First time ever doing windshield and I love it!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went with 30% because the traffic cops in my city just love pulling people over for window tint and 30% is the darkest that's legal we can go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I went with 5% on the fronts and tinted the back to match (whatever that would be lol). I love it! with the black interior, I wanted to keep the sun out as much as I could.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts