Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious on what types of things are included in your deals you guys made on you rebels. I didn't really negotiate on that pArt now that I look back at it.

Are your oil changes free?

Free Inspections?

Brakes?

Tires? ( my last car I was able to purchase a tire and rim package that covered anything I didn't get that offer with this truck).

·
Registered
567 Posts
Didn't get it as part of the negotiation but purchased as a package
7 year warranty
Paint protection/upholstery
Ding protection
Rust module
Tire and rim protection(for any tires and rims I run on it)
I didn't think to negotiate those things as I got a really good deal on the truck. With experience comes knowledge I guess

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got a few oil changes, but I live over 500 miles from the dealership so I don't think I'll be taking advantage of those

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
4 oil changes to be used in 2 years, full tank of gas and the side step bar

·
Registered
44 Posts
they offered a reduced rate for the electronic rust module , which I can tell you is not going to work , look it it on the net . been a mechanic for over 37 yrs and can tell you first hand its bogus but look it up and make your own choice.
they sold me a box liner at cost 399.00 which I had to have them re do . Got a excellent deal on the truck because of my employer's fleet incentives from chrysler , but the nickle and diming at the dealer level was awful , charges for PDI , 99.00 Adm. cost 299.00 enviro. fees 30.00 and more , I called them on all their add ons and got them removed , I have worked as a flat rate mechanic for a different manufacturer and I know their game . The upsell in the buisness office is just a scam , can you not buy 3m fabric protection and apply it your self , and put a coat of good quality wax on your paint , like really they really hose the unsuspecting customer . Hope this helps anybody out , these practices have to be brought to the surface

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't get it as part of the negotiation but purchased as a package
7 year warranty
Paint protection/upholstery
Ding protection
Rust module
Tire and rim protection(for any tires and rims I run on it)
I didn't think to negotiate those things as I got a really good deal on the truck. With experience comes knowledge I guess
What did the charge for the tire and rim package. You think I can still add it on ?

·
Registered
567 Posts
they offered a reduced rate for the electronic rust module , which I can tell you is not going to work , look it it on the net . been a mechanic for over 37 yrs and can tell you first hand its bogus but look it up and make your own choice.
they sold me a box liner at cost 399.00 which I had to have them re do . Got a excellent deal on the truck because of my employer's fleet incentives from chrysler , but the nickle and diming at the dealer level was awful , charges for PDI , 99.00 Adm. cost 299.00 enviro. fees 30.00 and more , I called them on all their add ons and got them removed , I have worked as a flat rate mechanic for a different manufacturer and I know their game . The upsell in the buisness office is just a scam , can you not buy 3m fabric protection and apply it your self , and put a coat of good quality wax on your paint , like really they really hose the unsuspecting customer . Hope this helps anybody out , these practices have to be int protection brought to the surface
Valid points. That's why I like these forums. All points of view from different walks of life. Take what you like and leave what you don't. I tried the module as something different and if there's no value added then I will go back to oil spraying. I've got paint protection on my other vehicle and am happy with it. Still shines like it just came off the lot after three years and parking in a very dusty workplace. Tire protection is also new to me and seemed like a good call given the high cost of the tires and rims on this beast:). I also called BS on the phantom charges, and you're absolutely right about bringing things into the light. That's the beauty of these forums, call BS when need be, bring new ideas, and positive resolution and help to peoples questions!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got oil changes with my 5 year or 100,000km extended warranty. I get a oil change done every 5000km

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The dealer I went to was a long way away, I wanted the Rebel on his lot, vs ordering one. They had some nice services with free oil changes, etc, but I declined because I don't intend to drive 150mi round trips for a free oil change. I was just happy getting a good deal on the truck.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I got jack for free

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm expecting the jack to be included in the price, surely?
Oh you are funny my friend! I did pay for extended warranty...too many things that can break on this truck...especially when you play hard.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Oh you are funny my friend! I did pay for extended warranty...too many things that can break on this truck...especially when you play hard.
Agreed! I also paid for 7 years bumper to bumper. Way too much electronics and gadgets to foul up. Would be quite expensive later!!

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Agreed! I also paid for 7 years bumper to bumper. Way too much electronics and gadgets to foul up. Would be quite expensive later!!

Sent from my JKURX
I was mostly worried about the sunroof of all things

Reactions: BCT
1 - 17 of 17 Posts