Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the General Grabbers red letter tires, but I don't know how I feel about putting tires that weigh 80 pounds each on my truck. I also like the BFG KO2s, but was thinking about trying something new since I usually go with that tire. What all Terrain tires do you guy like, and think would look good with the Rebel?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like the look of the General Grabbers red letter tires, but I don't know how I feel about putting tires that weigh 80 pounds each on my truck. I also like the BFG KO2s, but was thinking about trying something new since I usually go with that tire. What all Terrain tires do you guy like, and think would look good with the Rebel?
I personally like the BFG KO2 in 35x12.5. I have them on my Jeep JKU and love the ride and look. They are very quiet compared to the KM2 Mud-Terrains I also have. Although I'm liking the stock Toyos so far but I will probably go to KO2 when I need new tires.

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
i went with the toyo's that were on the truck but in 35x12.5 they're kind of scary when the roads are snowy. slip and slide. next winter i'll get something more narrow.

·
Registered
332 Posts
On my current truck I have 33" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3's. They are fairly quiet on the road. They work great in snow, mud and ice. I would buy them again. They are a more aggressive all-terrain. Kind of between an AT and MT. I've had them in mud, snow, ice and pavement and they work great. In fact today I just was saying to my wife that the best upgrade I ever did to my current truck was the tires as we were driving in 4wd through snow squalls and a foot of snow on the road looking to see if the snowmobile trails were open.

This truck has 20" rims and my current size is 305/55R20 and I have no problems with floatation in snow. They just stick. If the Toyo tires can't cut it in snow I'll be replacing them with the 35" version of the ATZ's.

My current truck is a 2014 Ford FX-4. The 2016 Rebel I have on order has a high bar to meet when I get it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I go up to a 35", I'll keep the same tire. Overall it's a good tire, and it matches my seats :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
When I go up to a 35", I'll keep the same tire. Overall it's a good tire, and it matches my seats :)
Have to agree. Was never a Toyo tire fan. But love these and the new 35" Toyo ATs look tough

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
On my current truck I have 33" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3's. They are fairly quiet on the road. They work great in snow, mud and ice. I would buy them again. They are a more aggressive all-terrain. Kind of between an AT and MT. I've had them in mud, snow, ice and pavement and they work great. In fact today I just was saying to my wife that the best upgrade I ever did to my current truck was the tires as we were driving in 4wd through snow squalls and a foot of snow on the road looking to see if the snowmobile trails were open.

This truck has 20" rims and my current size is 305/55R20 and I have no problems with floatation in snow. They just stick. If the Toyo tires can't cut it in snow I'll be replacing them with the 35" version of the ATZ's.

My current truck is a 2014 Ford FX-4. The 2016 Rebel I have on order has a high bar to meet when I get it.
Had these same tires on my 09 sitting on XD 20" rims. They never let me down.

Reactions: Circuitjc

·
Registered
332 Posts
When I was looking to replace the Pirelli's that came on my FX-4 (talk about a marketing mistake...) I also looked at Goodyear Duratrac. After looking at the weight and ratings I think I'd consider those as well. They are half the weight of the Mickey Thompson tires and are M+S rated. A quick check at Canadian Tire I see they are similarly priced where I am.

Some years I see a lot of snow. I require proper equipment. My trucks are not pavement queens.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the grapplers on my Jeep and I have to say by far the best tire I have ever owned. Once I take delivery of my Rebel Ill keep the ones on there that came with it but when its time for new tires the Grapplers are going on!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the grapplers on my Jeep and I have to say by far the best tire I have ever owned. Once I take delivery of my Rebel Ill keep the ones on there that came with it but when its time for new tires the Grapplers are going on!
Did you notice the weight? I saw a youtube review online where a guy put grabbers on his Raptor, but he said the extra weight kept breaking drive shafts.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The Mickey's look good, but I don't like that the 35in tire maximum PSI is only 50. I would like to keep the front 55, and the back 45.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looking at Goodyear Duratracs, Dick Cepek Extremes, and Mickey Thompson Deegan 38's.
Todd

·
Registered
1 Posts

HI THERE. I AM VERY NEW AT THE FORUM. BUT I NEED HELP.
I WANT TO UPGRADE FROM THE FACTORY LT285/70R17 TIRE, TO A LT305/55R20.
I DO NOT HAVE THE RIMS YET, BUT WOULD MOST LIKELY BE 20X9. NOT SURE IF I WILL BE GOING ZERO OFFSET OR -6 OR -12.... ( I WANT THE OUTSIDE OF THE TIRE FLUSH WITH THE FENDER FLARES).
THERE ARE NO MODS AT ALL ON THE TRUCK.
I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY RUBBING AT ALL. EVEN IN ENTRY/EXIT (WHEELS TURN LOCKED).
WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO HELP?
IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP.
THANKS.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Can't really give you a solid recommendation because we don't know where you live and what kind of stuff you'll be in when driving. The Nitto Trail Grapplers don't have any sipes for snow traction, but they're great for dirt and mud. If you don't have a lot of mud around but you have dry and rocky trails, then you might want to look at the Ridge or Exo Grappler instead. All are good tires, different for different needs.

Light Truck Tires

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put the toyo MTs on my rig at 315/70-17, i have been very happy with that set up. I take my truck off road and no issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts