Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my tires to BFG K02. Same size tires as original 270/70/R18. Without lifting the truck, I would like to give it a wider and more aggressive looking stance.
I was thinking of adding wheel spacers, but don’t know a lot about them. Does anyone have recommendations and any pro vs con to consider?

·
Registered
2020 Ram Rebel 4X4
125 Posts
Things are pretty quiet around here.
Yeah, somewhat but probably because there are quite a few threads already on this topic (using Search Community). But I will throw in that I have successfully used bolted wheel spacers for my off-road truck builds and never an issue. Just make sure you get the bolted spacers/adapters from an American company using high quality materials and milling processes. So avoid any eBay specials or made in China offerings (as well as avoid any manufacture/vendor where you can't find and research their manufacture). Cheap products are not your freind here so be ready to spend money for quality and proven real-world performance (i.e., real off-roading and/or racing applications).

I have used US Wheel Adapters Wheel Spacers | Hub Centric & Custom Built | US Wheel Adapters on 2-3 vehicles and very high quality. I really liked these guys as I was able to talk to the Owner (who has proven racing experience and applications) each time and had very strong thoughts on what works best and what doesn't as well as standing behind the manufacturing (both custom and off the shelf).

For mass produced, you can also go with the popular American-made BORA/Motorsport wheel spacers and adapters (but again, go with the bolted versions that are hub centric/lug centric and not the slip on).

Rough Country also makes them; I am generally not a fan of RC products as they source a lot of parts from China and cannot attest for their location of manufacture nor their performance. While I do think the quality of their newer products have improved over the past decade or so but still not at same level of US-made aftermarket so I wouldn't put anything critical components (like suspensions or wheel adapters) on my vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts