Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will you mount any offroad lights? And if so, where will you do it?
Option A: Light bar in bumper
Face Head Fictional character Mouth Clip art

Option B: Light bar in grille
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Option C: Round lights in grille

Option D: Round lights in grille below RAM

Option E: Light bar above cab

Or do you have a different idea??

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Option E (above cab) I've always liked the look of off-road lights above the cab and I don't think (at this time) that I'd want to clutter up the grill or bumper with them. In a perfect world I'd like to see them mounted first before choosing, but right now I'd go with option E (above the cab)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really like the LED bar in the bumper. I'm not sold on the light bars above the windshield. I'm sure they work great, but I bet they could cost you 1 to 2 mpgs on the highway at fast enough speeds.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really like the LED bar in the bumper. I'm not sold on the light bars above the windshield. I'm sure they work great, but I bet they could cost you 1 to 2 mpgs on the highway at fast enough speeds.
My friend did one on his jeep and did not notice any decrease in mileage with the LED Bar. (Mind you jeeps compared to trucks, is like apples to oranges) but the LED bar is great on back roads when the high beams don't throw far enough. Everyone has different tastes :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know that bike racks and such that go on top suck down the fuel, but it's good to hear that the light bar up there didn't make a difference.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could you possibly show some more pics of how you mounted that, both from the front and inside the bumper? Also what brand light bar and size?
It was a pretty simple install. The light is from www.oz-USA.com the light was 185.00 with free shipping. The trick was to find a light thin enough to fit in the gap and not too long to fit in between the bumper brackets on the inside of the bumper.
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper Vehicle door
Car Automotive exterior Vehicle Grille Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Motor vehicle

·
Registered
114 Posts
1 - 20 of 89 Posts