Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 rebel that has a whining noise. It used to come and go but now it is constant. Any idea of what it is and if it is normal or needs to be taken in.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Well, first thing, congrats and welcome. 2019, nice, is it used or new? I bet she's real pretty.

As for the whining noise, i recommend that you leave the spouse or who ever is in the passenger seat at home. Easy fix.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Zim, he could let his spouse drive some and that would stop the whining-noise.
Seriously, welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. I would drive it for another week or so and see if anything else comes up and take it in to service. Your warranty should cover it. You can have a air leak some where and it will take time for you to find it and you have already paid them, via warranty, to find it.
Good Luck and many miles of enjoyment.
Big Red

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Big Red, he didn't get my humor so i suppose he won't be back. Or he did take it serious and is leaving the wife at home. Lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 2019 rebel that has a whining noise. It used to come and go but now it is constant. Any idea of what it is and if it is normal or needs to be taken in.
Could be alternator whine through the radio from a bad ground. I would keep an ear out for it and it persistent then take to the dealer. Did you install any stereo equipment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Red, he didn't get my humor so i suppose he won't be back. Or he did take it serious and is leaving the wife at home. Lol
Ok, wife is gone. Fixed the problem for a day but then it came back. Lol. I've had the truck since November. The noise started shortly after purchase and seems to be happening more often. Does not seem to be affecting how the truck runs or performs. Almost sounds like a bearing noise. The pitch increases as rpms increase.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Ya that's a tough one. Is it 4x4? If so engage it in 4x4 high and see if it changes. Otherwise, as red said, might have to take it to dealer either way. Good luck and let us know

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya that's a tough one. Is it 4x4? If so engage it in 4x4 high and see if it changes. Otherwise, as red said, might have to take it to dealer either way. Good luck and let us know
So it ended up being a bad belt tensioner. And of course they are on backorder so I'm guessing this has become a common problem. Maybe just a bad batch of them.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Wow, thanks for letting us know. Would have never guessed it, would of guessed a bad belt tensioner would be more if a squeal. Good stuff. Thanks again

·
Registered
18 Posts
I noticed a whine sound only with AC on
No harm no foul, runs great. Lets See what happens. Not to worried.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a whining noise in the engine on my 2019 Rebel and I ignored it. In the end, the belt tensioner snapped and I had to have it towed to the dealership. Have it checked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts