Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else getting a whistle seemingly from the front? When i get above 70mph i get a whistle like air is coming in. My dad said "Its a truck thing" but he still drives is 79 F100.

Trying to figure out if its worth a dealership visit or not.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a whistle on my 2014 1500 Sport. Happy I traded it.
I only did one drive over 70 with the rebel. No whistle. I hope none ever.
I'll try to remember to update you after next 70+ drive

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah everything closed confirmed on this weekends road trip 65 you start to hear it and definitely there around 70. Guess I will make an appt with the dealership

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just had front windows tinted today at 22% and pre ordered ICI Magnum RT side steps.
I had a whistle on my 2014 1500 Sport. Happy I traded it.
I only did one drive over 70 with the rebel. No whistle. I hope none ever.
I'll try to remember to update you after next 70+ drive
I have a faint whistle.
It seems to comes from the passenger side maybe around the mirror.
I only hear it with windows down going highway speeds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I traded my 2014 1500 Express yesterday for a Rebel. The Express had the whistle. I believe it is wind noise flowing around the antenna but not positive. So far, no whistle in the Rebel and it drove me nuts so hope it does not materialize with the Rebel over time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can't say that I have heard anything on mine. We can go 80mph up here and I didn't hear anything. Next time I will listen more closely to see if I hear anything.

·
Registered
116 Posts
3000 miles later that whistle is unbearable.
See video at 70mph
Of course the higher you go the louder it gets.

What I found so far on the web.
Seems like it's a gen 4 issue. even while I did not find any mention of 2013-2015.

Seems like Chrysler released a RRT & TSB about that
RRT 11-057
TSB 23-024-11

Problem seems to be from weather striping on the pillar.

Some links
http://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/321142-highway-whistling-sound.html

Chrysler RRT 11-057 for 2009-2011 Dodge Rams

Howling whistling wind noise at 70mph+ passenger side - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

http://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/320268-front-weird-noise.html

This week I will stop by the dealer to see if they can solve it.
will update...

·
Registered
48 Posts
3000 miles later that whistle is unbearable.
See video at 70mph
Of course the higher you go the louder it gets.

What I found so far on the web.
Seems like it's a gen 4 issue. even while I did not find any mention of 2013-2015.

Seems like Chrysler released a RRT & TSB about that
RRT 11-057
TSB 23-024-11

Problem seems to be from weather striping on the pillar.

Some links
http://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/321142-highway-whistling-sound.html

Chrysler RRT 11-057 for 2009-2011 Dodge Rams

Howling whistling wind noise at 70mph+ passenger side - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

http://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/320268-front-weird-noise.html

This week I will stop by the dealer to see if they can solve it.
will update...
Take off your antenna and drive over 70 to make sure that is not the cause due to wind disturbance flowing over it to the mirror. Worth a shot and wanted to do that with my Express but never got around to it. Fortunately, the Rebel does not have it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Take off your antenna and drive over 70 to make sure that is not the cause due to wind disturbance flowing over it to the mirror. Worth a shot and wanted to do that with my Express but never got around to it. Fortunately, the Rebel does not have it.
I did remove the antenna before on both my 2014 Sport and the rebel now.
I did a lot more trying to isolate the noise.
Until I found what I posted above I was trying process of elimination. I only found two pictures but every day I would tape different parts of the truck since the dealer could not find a solution.
2015-07-28 15.05.29.jpg 2015-07-27 15.05.38.jpg
I emailed them and finally will be taking the truck in next week for many things. The whistle, the two recalls (radio and steering column) & 5k service. We'll update on that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I finally have some downtime so the truck is going in for this issue and the 2 recalls. Will repost after see what they come up with

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
567 Posts
I did remove the antenna before on both my 2014 Sport and the rebel now.
I did a lot more trying to isolate the noise.
Until I found what I posted above I was trying process of elimination. I only found two pictures but every day I would tape different parts of the truck since the dealer could not find a solution.
View attachment 312 View attachment 313
I emailed them and finally will be taking the truck in next week for many things. The whistle, the two recalls (radio and steering column) & 5k service. We'll update on that.
How did you make out on that whistle?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts