1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Never used one so not sure

·
Registered
952 Posts
It should work well in Sandy conditions, but nothing replaces a good winch imo. I plan a custom job shortly.
I plan on using that folding plate cover. Now I just have to attach a winch mount plate behind the skid plate to the frame. It will be custom fit made from a C Chanel prob 8" wide and 1/4" thick I plan on attaching it to the D hooks or somewhere close on the frame. It's going to have to be a custom made piece so the winch will release cable on the same plane as the D rings. And then I can Drop in a winch. Then put a hole for the cable behind the lisence plate. Attach a fairlead to the skid plate and cover it with a folding lisence plate cover. I am thinking of either a Waren or a Superwinch. This is going to be the most custom modifications on my rebel and one of the most costly.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I ended up using a clip on lisence plate holder after my winch install.

Winch Install

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a pair of them a while ago but haven't needed them yet. Before I bought them I checked out some reviews on YouTube and they do seem to work great. I think I paid $30can for them on sale, cheap enough to try out.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Have you had a chance to try them out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looked into getting a set of the Trac-Grabber, but were it just didn't seem that it work that well, we have lost a lot of things in the mud pits into camp so decided instead on a 3T More Power Puller w/30ft of synthetic rope, seen a couple of videos on this thing pulling out bobcat tractor, so figured it will work if need be, hopefully I never need to use it but knowing that it is there is better than nothing or relying on a cheap come-along, just my 2 cents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts