Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thought i'd revive this old dead thread................... We need a set up for a winch!!

Reactions: Chris and Rebel.Law

·
Registered
59 Posts
The only one I've found is an ugly ass bumper replacement from Addictive Desert Designs .............

·
Registered
59 Posts
Call ICI. They are supposed to make us a bumper with or without a winch mount. Speak to Rafael.
I'm hoping they will make a plate so I can keep my stock bumper. I e-mailed AEV about it today i'm hoping they have something in the works.........If not I may fab something.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm hoping they will make a plate so I can keep my stock bumper. I e-mailed AEV about it today i'm hoping they have something in the works.........If not I may fab something.
I emailed them too, last fall. No plans for any rebel products. I would love their bumper and flares.

·
Registered
152 Posts
In a few short months when the 2017 Ram Power Wagon comes out you can try and just rip that bumper off and put it on a Rebel. Duct tape and zip ties will secure ANYTHING

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Warn Industries makes hidden winch mounts for older 1500s. Nothing for the last several years, though. Makes me wonder what has changed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have a local shop here that can make a hidden mount like the PW, Im headed over this week to see what they can do for me. Its the next thing on the must have list, then CAI and lift kit.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It will be interesting to see what they can do. The hidden mount will require a hole to be cut somewhere, and rollers to be installed. Not sure where that would end up on the Rebel bumper.

·
Banned
248 Posts
Warn Industries makes hidden winch mounts for older 1500s. Nothing for the last several years, though. Makes me wonder what has changed.
Make you wonder if, warn could give you the specs or a template and see if you could make it work. I'm sure these days that everything is customizable.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
There is a whole thread dedicated to it on the ram forum:
2010 Ram 1500 hidden winch install - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

Going to try and follow their lead:confused:
Good find. Looks like the common design is for the cable to go through the bumper between the front hooks. That's right through our skid plate.

The Rebel's bumper design means that will come through right through the skid plate where the front license plate is mounted, for those states requiring a front plate. There isn't room to lower the license plate without impacting approach angle. And you don't want to raise the plate because then it's in front of the grill opening where most guys are putting light bars. It's going to make it a challenge if a front license plate is involved.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good find. Looks like the common design is for the cable to go through the bumper between the front hooks. That's right through our skid plate.

The Rebel's bumper design means that will come through right through the skid plate where the front license plate is mounted, for those states requiring a front plate. There isn't room to lower the license plate without impacting approach angle. And you don't want to raise the plate because then it's in front of the grill opening where most guys are putting light bars. It's going to make it a challenge if a front license plate is involved
Or use a hinged fairlead cover:
BLKMTN Roller Fairlead Flip-Up License Plate Hinge

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Didn't know anyone made that kind of thing, but it's an excellent idea. And obvious, in retrospect. :) Looks like it would protrude about an inch from the bumper, which isn't too bad, if the fairlead is close to flush.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've also seen license plate holders that clip onto the rollers of a roller fairlead for those of us who are required by law to have a front plate. I'd take it off for off-road and put it back on for the drive home.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts