·
Registered
1,268 Posts
No that I'm aware of

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The AEV bumper system is designed for the 2500 and does not fit the 1500. I spoke with AEV yesterday. Good thought tho. I like their stuff. AEV is also working on suspension studs for the Ram 1500 but it is not likely yo be out this year. Hammerhead makes a bumper that fits.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The AEV bumper system is designed for the 2500 and does not fit the 1500. I spoke with AEV yesterday. Good thought tho. I like their stuff. AEV is also working on suspension studs for the Ram 1500 but it is not likely yo be out this year. Hammerhead makes a bumper that fits.
I agree... The AEV stuff is real nice. I have a Jeep all outfitted with AEV and I love it. Their RAM stuff is real nice but unfortunately it's all for the 2500. I hope they come out with a line of products for the 1500s

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
933 Posts
I plan on a custom job.
I plan on using that folding plate cover. Now I just have to attach a winch mount plate behind the skid plate to the frame. It will be custom fit made from a C Chanel prob 8" wide and 1/4" thick I plan on attaching it to the D hooks or somewhere close on the frame. It's going to have to be a custom made piece so the winch will release cable on the same plane as the D rings. And then I can Drop in a winch. Then put a hole for the cable behind the lisence plate. Attach a fairlead to the skid plate and cover it with a folding lisence plate cover. I am thinking of either a Waren or a Superwinch. This is going to be the most custom modifications on my rebel and one of the most costly.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yep, that's ADD's stealth bumper and winch. That's possibly the only system currently available that's designed to fit the Rebel, but you have to put on that $2400 bumper to install a winch. Those of you wanting to keep the stock bumper - you're on your own.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I for one don't like the look of that type of bumper. That's why I'll be doing a custom plate install behind the existing bumper.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I plan on a custom job.
I plan on using that folding plate cover. Now I just have to attach a winch mount plate behind the skid plate to the frame. It will be custom fit made from a C Chanel prob 8" wide and 1/4" thick I plan on attaching it to the D hooks or somewhere close on the frame. It's going to have to be a custom made piece so the winch will release cable on the same plane as the D rings. And then I can Drop in a winch. Then put a hole for the cable behind the lisence plate. Attach a fairlead to the skid plate and cover it with a folding lisence plate cover. I am thinking of either a Waren or a Superwinch. This is going to be the most custom modifications on my rebel and one of the most costly.
I have purchased this winch and it should be here Tuesday. I hope to get lots of pics as the build progress is moved forward.
Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch - 9500 lb. Load Capacity, Replacement Parts - Amazon Canada

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have some other parts arriving for the winch and others for other viehicles as well.
Amazon Sign In

·
Registered
933 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
The winch works perfectly!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts