Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Should have at least 2 charger ports upfront. Having just one is crazy. I know it's got all those USB ports but sometimes you need more than just one cig plug. Jeeze...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, there is a 110v socket included, you'd need some kind of charger cable anyway, so just use the house one :)

Reactions: zim

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree, in these these of everything charging via USB, for a big truck like that, save us the need to buy a $15 multi 12v/USB 2.1amp charger. Make at least 2 built in in the front and two in the back.
Also for a Ram we also need more than a single 110v outlet or at least make it more than 150w. I couldnt even use it for my air mattress while camping.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
See these items are miniscule to me as they are so easy to add and cheap mods

Reactions: joe

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I think technology changes too quickly compared to the truck. The truck won't be discarded when a lot of USB equipment will be. I'm okay with provided lighter ports, unless they want to develop a new standard DC power port for vehicles. I just bought a couple of these Duracell chargers, for front and back seats. Got them for $7 each locally. And when USB sockets are no longer standard for charging, I'll replace with the new standards.
192232.JPG

Having USB built in means Ram would probably charge a premium price to replace/upgrade them. We're already at the point where the newer devices are starting to require so much power that standard USB doesn't provide enough. Motorola phones are coming with "turbo chargers." They supply 2.0 Amps rather than the standard 1.0. Hooking up a Motorola Droid Turbo to a standard charger when the phone is turned on takes half a day to charge it because the phone is using most of the incoming power for operation. The turbo charger does it in about an hour.

·
Registered
952 Posts
image.jpeg

I added a 3 port cig lighter that also has 3 more USB ports too.

Reactions: johnj and joe
1 - 6 of 6 Posts