Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went ahead and wrapped one. I was indifferent about it so not sure it's going to stay but figured I would post a picture for anyone else who might like to do it. 20151120_144054.jpg 20151120_144216.jpg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took about 30-40 minutes per mirror with prep and dry time

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was done using 3M HIGH GLOSS wrap

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love it i have a white one my self. Are you in Mass. by any chance? Lol
Ya know I've never wrapped anything in my life until this and it wasn't that hard really. They say mirrors are one of the hardest things to wrap too. I watched a lot of YouTube first. The real key it to prescretch the wrap before applying it. At some point I'm just going to get mine painted.

Reactions: Pedro Coutinho

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice job, now you'll have to update your avatar ;)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice job, now you'll have to update your avatar ;)
I do need to update it but I removed the wrap. I want to paint them now. Just need a week when I won't be driving it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I do need to update it but I removed the wrap. I want to paint them now. Just need a week when I won't be driving it.
Would this be a tape, scuff & shoot ? Epoxy primer ? Would like to know more details so I could archive it in the future. But hell yeah the 2015 were all painted as far as I know but not the 2016's. It adds the touch that's all about the details. NEED MINE RED !

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would this be a tape, scuff & shoot ? Epoxy primer ? Would like to know more details so I could archive it in the future. But hell yeah the 2015 were all painted as far as I know but not the 2016's. It adds the touch that's all about the details. NEED MINE RED !
This was done using 3M HIGH GLOSS wrap

·
Registered
46 Posts
I read your thread. Never heard of the 3M wrap. I'm sure it coves in white or black. But flame red ? It's why I was thinking of painting them. And longevity.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I read your thread. Never heard of the 3M wrap. I'm sure it coves in white or black. But flame red ? It's why I was thinking of painting them. And longevity.
You can get vinyl wrap in just about any color imaginable .. If ya want it to look painted you'll want high gloss and not matte. I'm going to get mine painted.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been thinking about maybe doing a carbon fiber wrap on the front "RAM" lettering, I just haven't had the time to sit down and do it.
Yeap, actually thought about this one myself

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
But hell yeah the 2015 were all painted as far as I know but not the 2016's.
I have a 2015 and it has the textured black plastic mirror housings. I think you have to get the special lighting option, whatever it was called, that puts puddle lights in the mirror, to get the painted mirrors. But I'm not certain. I bought mine off a lot, and it didn't have that option.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts