Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20160304_100714.jpg
I picked up my new Rebel yesterday afternoon and didn't notice till this morning the factory had installed the wrong instrument cluster in it. The truck has all the other interior Rebel trim but for some reason they installed a basic Ram speedo/ tach assembly. I had a buddy ask for a picture of the interior when I was down loading the photo I glanced at the Ram flyer next to my computer opened to the Rebel section and realized one of these things is not like the other. I don't know how I missed it yesterday but will blame it on shear excitement of driving my new beast.

I ran down to the dealer at lunch and they are ordering the correct assembly with the Rebel trim. I read in one of the threads that people have gotten the wrong headlights has anyone else had this happen? My dealer was really good about it and hopefully it wont take to long to get the part/s in. I'll post the outcome when it's been corrected.

cheers
Dave

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Good catch on the cluster. You shouldn't have any problems getting that done.

Good luck on the lights. They quit acquiring those black lights last summer and ran out of supplies in early fall. No one's getting them. If you paid extra for them, you should get a refund. Although the chrome projectors might be the same cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same cluster, I did not know we get a different cluster . I bought my 2016 about four months age , can I still get it changed by dealer ?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It's around $150 or $175 as an option at order time. If you swap out later, you'll also have to pay dealer labor. Not sure what that will run you.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Do you still get the 8.4 with the smaller gauge pkg

That little gauge just doesn't look right. I'm used to mine showing the rebel logo at startup

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
That depends on when the truck was built. Up until just recently, the configuration tool on the RamTrucks.com site listed it as an option for the Rebel. If the truck came off the lot, no telling what options the dealer ordered it with, you have to look at the build sheet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good catch on the cluster. You shouldn't have any problems getting that done.

Good luck on the lights. They quit acquiring those black lights last summer and ran out of supplies in early fall. No one's getting them. If you paid extra for them, you should get a refund. Although the chrome projectors might be the same cost.
That depends on when the truck was built. Up until just recently, the configuration tool on the RamTrucks.com site listed it as an option for the Rebel. If the truck came off the lot, no telling what options the dealer ordered it with, you have to look at the build sheet.
OK, thanks when I left the lot today they said they were ordering the Rebel one so I'm assuming they will.

Q

·
0 Posts
View attachment 1153 I picked up my new Rebel yesterday afternoon and didn't notice till this morning the factory had installed the wrong instrument cluster in it. The truck has all the other interior Rebel trim but for some reason they installed a basic Ram speedo/ tach assembly. I had a buddy ask for a picture of the interior when I was down loading the photo I glanced at the Ram flyer next to my computer opened to the Rebel section and realized one of these things is not like the other. I don't know how I missed it yesterday but will blame it on shear excitement of driving my new beast.

I ran down to the dealer at lunch and they are ordering the correct assembly with the Rebel trim. I read in one of the threads that people have gotten the wrong headlights has anyone else had this happen? My dealer was really good about it and hopefully it wont take to long to get the part/s in. I'll post the outcome when it's been corrected.

cheers
Dave
Wow, did you keep your cool when you figured out it wasn't what you ordered, I would be pissed.
Never assume the dealer will order the right part, keep on them constantly.

·
Registered
332 Posts
7-inch customizable in cluster display is included when I ordered mine 5 weeks ago. It's on the build sheet of my 2016 as a $0 option. It may be included in the luxury package or the 8.4 uConnect. That other one is hideous. The 7-inch is all colour and you can add extra gauges and displays.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow, did you keep your cool when you figured out it wasn't what you ordered, I would be pissed.
Never assume the dealer will order the right part, keep on them constantly.

Always keep your cool in the beginning. Mistakes happen. It all comes down to how the problem is resolved. Come in guns and blazin they don't want to talk to you and they probably won't be as willing to help prolonging the whole process. If the build sheet shows you got what you paid for they will politely tell you to leave and you are screwed. Come in calm and pleasant, no matter who's fault it was they will try to keep you happy and pleasant.

·
Registered
102 Posts
7-inch customizable in cluster display is included when I ordered mine 5 weeks ago. It's on the build sheet of my 2016 as a $0 option. It may be included in the luxury package or the 8.4 uConnect. That other one is hideous. The 7-inch is all colour and you can add extra gauges and displays.
That is exactly what I saw when I was ordering mine. I still mentioned that I wanted the Rebel cluster just to be safe because of what I read here.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Strong catch. Someone else on our forum was having legal issues because we wanted to switch out the unit, but since he didn't order it they gave him a hard time about it being tied to the VIN and no alterations to be made on that level. I was SURE to watch my dealer input that into the search query when he looked for the specs I wanted at dealers around the area.

Q

·
0 Posts
^ A lesson in how to irritate your dealership to the point they'll do anything they can to f*** with you.
Well my dealer has told me, if anything is wrong I don't have to take delivery of the vehicle. I only gave them a 500 deposit.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts