Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find out what the proper towing procedures are for the Rebel. Do you guys lower it all the way and then raise it? Do you deactivate aero mode? Which mode (Normal, Aero, etc.) did you use when measuring for the ball drop height? Do you guys use sway control bars?

I will be towing a boat which weighs in at around 4,500 lbs with fuel, skis, tubes, gear and the trailer. It is on a single axel trailer with a surge brake system. I will be upgrading to a bigger boat in the near future, and I will have an Electric over Hydraulic system installed when I get it.

Thanks in advance for your advice and responses.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have been trying to find out what the proper towing procedures are for the Rebel. Do you guys lower it all the way and then raise it? Do you deactivate aero mode? Which mode (Normal, Aero, etc.) did you use when measuring for the ball drop height? Do you guys use sway control bars?

I will be towing a boat which weighs in at around 4,500 lbs with fuel, skis, tubes, gear and the trailer. It is on a single axel trailer with a surge brake system. I will be upgrading to a bigger boat in the near future, and I will have an Electric over Hydraulic system installed when I get it.

Thanks in advance for your advice and responses.
This won't answer all your questions but a good read. A Weighty Issue: Calculating Real-World Payload, Towing Capacities - PickupTrucks.com News

Reactions: Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wish the manual addressed towing w/ the air suspension...I'm reading stuff on various forums about what the proper way to do it is (turn off air suspension, aero mode only, normal mode only, etc).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I usually lower it, back under trailer then raise it. Lift the jack, hook everything up and then drive away. Difference between aero and normal is about an inch, wont make much difference to the trailer.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I usually lower it, back under trailer then raise it. Lift the jack, hook everything up and then drive away. Difference between aero and normal is about an inch, wont make much difference to the trailer.
I agree, ...and I do the same as you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts