Ram Rebel Forum banner
261 - 268 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
3 Posts
I have the Carli fox 2.0 on my truck, got it put on about 3 weeks ago. Let me measure the height sometime today. Got to go to work so I will try and find time and let ya know the height I’m sitting at.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Carli fox 2.0 on my truck, got it put on about 3 weeks ago. Let me measure the height sometime today. Got to go to work so I will try and find time and let ya know the height I’m sitting at.
Dude my air ride just failed. First snow in colorado springs. I was looking at the Carli kit myself I was in between that and the icon stage 2. Mainly because they come with everything you need. As much as I love bilstien (used to be a Toyota guy) I'd rather not have to source more parts. I wonder if they sit roughly the same height or if the icon has a taller rear spring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dude my air ride just failed. First snow in colorado springs. I was looking at the Carli kit myself I was in between that and the icon stage 2. Mainly because they come with everything you need. As much as I love bilstien (used to be a Toyota guy) I'd rather not have to source more parts. I wonder if they sit roughly the same height or if the icon has a taller rear spring.
I'm still working on this. My problem is I have 4 inch air ride lift so trying to figure out what height I will end at and be safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rancho quick lift front left strut r5999944
Rancho quick lift front right strut r5999930
Rear shocks rancho x2 r55367
Rear right spring 5154650aa
Rear left spring 5154649aa
Spring insulators x2 52855789ab

Total cost after labour and wheel alignment 2,576.21 CAD
Hello,

I have read about the entries made by Vshni (and others) regarding the air delete in the forums. I have been looking at the same kit for my Ram however I have a couple of questions. On the Rancho site I am reading a note that the QuickLift is intended for the V8 engine only. I assume that the spring rate is set for the heavier engine. Do you know if the QuickLift is suitable for the V6 engine based on your experience and knowledge from the other forum users that you have helped?

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys I've been having issues with my 2016 Rebel which I bought it pre-owned in 2019. The dealership where I bought did not disclose the air ride suspension issues of the truck knowing this truck have had history of air suspension failure. January of 2020 when I experienced the first dreaded air ride suspension and every time the temp goes -18c and below. I've tried everything to get by not to swap to coil springs (I like the air ride suspension feature of the rebel) with no success. I've had enough of this air ride suspension headache and finally gave up on it and decided to swap it with bilstein 6112 front and 5100 rear. As of this posting the truck still at the local shop getting the bilstein install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How has the Carli 2.0 been for you? Do you notice if it is less harsh than stock? My Rebel is coming close to 200k so I am thinking the air ride is done and even though I have not had any issues it would be nice to hit washboards and not get rattled to death. thx

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in the same boat 2017 rebel my air ride is shot, my back end is wayyyyy high and the front is like sitting on the ground. I live in canada and know nothing about cars/trucks. Can someone tell me exactly what I would need to buy to get a 3"lift and replace the air suspension on my truck. Is there a kit available in canafa that would do both? Or is it better to buy parts individually? If so what exactly do I need? Thanks for any and l advice.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4 5.7L V8
1 Posts
Hey everyone. Just made this account to comment on this wonderful thread. Have a 2017 Ram Rebel with 31k miles and I just had the air suspension struts and air springs removed last week. Used the Bilstein 3" Lift/Level kit from airdelete.com out of Saskatchewan shipped to Colorado. (Shipped for free on a Thursday and arrived the next Monday via DHL) I have probably driven around 100 miles on it and so far so great. Will need more time to truly tell but extremely relieved not to be rattling my bones at the tiniest pebble in the road. All has been smooth driving since the change. Kit was ~1700 USD and I had a local jeep offroad shop do the install for 1300. Sits higher than it did in Offroad mode and looks like a beast. I followed the recommendation with alfaobd and disabled the air ride stuff so I get no service lights either.

CDJR Service dept wanted $5000+ in parts and labor to replace just the front struts and compressor without a solid diagnosis so the 3k for a better looking profile and no more air issues was a no-brainer for me.

261 - 268 of 268 Posts